Canon HF200:Most user friendly PC software to edit movies and burn/write DVD?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders Canon HF200:Most user friendly PC software to edit movies and burn/write DVD?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I am a novice using my first video camera, a Canon Vixia HF200. I have a PC which runs on a Vista operating system. I havesuccessfully downloaded the bundled Pixela software and uploaded my video clips to the PC. I can use the editing software. However, I have been unable to burn/write a movie to the DVD after following the instructions to the letter. I was able to burn/write a video clip to a CD and DVD so it is not my PC burner. I also cannot figure out how to get a MPEG file to be read by Microsoft Movie works on my computer. I am recording family events and simply want to edit them and burn a DVD to share with others. I have read about conversion software.

What is the most user friendly software that will allow me to upload my videos to my computer (PC), edit and make a movie, and burn a DVD, email or upload to website?

Thank you in advance for any helpful responses.

Participant

i had the same problem, vista, hf200, etc. I downloaded the new windows live movie maker, which a lot of people say can edit AVCHD. Well, it didnt for me. I had to download the K-LITE-CODEC-Pack and install it. Now I can edit with Windows live movie maker.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Stock media: How to find and use the best stock photos, videos, music and more

Acquiring stock media and editing it into your project is very often faster, cheaper and much more convenient than creating that media yourself.
homicide-bootstrap