Burning to DVD vs Burning to Folder in APE 3.0.2

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Burning to DVD vs Burning to Folder in APE 3.0.2

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi

I’m using Adobe Premeire Elements 3.0.2 (vista) and I’m burning multiple copies to a DVD at each sitting. What is the advantage of burning to a folder vs. to a DVD? I’d like not to wait for that lengthy first copy to complete. If I burn to a folder the first time, can I bypass the waiting at future sittings? If not, how can I accomplish this? Thanks!

jeff

Anonymous
      Inactive

i’m not sure of the workflow of Elements, but, typically, in my workflow, I render my project to a dvd-compliant file, my dvd program then compiles the file to a folder that is then burned to the dvd. when i want to make additional copies, i just burn the dvd over with the previously made dvd folder.

chuckengels
      Participant

When you burn to a folder you can burn the DVD with 3rd party software like Nero or RecordNow. It just burns the disc, so you get a DVD in about 5 minutes. You can burn multiple copies with Premiere Elements very quickly as well but you need to burn them all in one session. Once the first one is burned the next ones only take a few minutes, once you close the project you have to start over again.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ok, so I guess it’s not possible to save all that time at future sessions.

Thanks a bunch.

jeff

chuckengels
      Participant

You can save the time in future sessions by burning to a folder and using Nero or RecordNow to burn the folder to a disc.

There are detailed instructions at the Adobe U2U forum in the FAQs.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap