Burning Sony SR11 files to DVD using iMovie

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a Sony SR11 which I love, and I especially like the quality of the hi-res image(1080 x 1960) it produces when viewed on my 42″ Sharp Aqueous, but no matter what i’ve tried when edited and burned to DVD to play on my DVD player the quality is dreadful. I’m using iMovie on a Mac. Can someone take me through the process that gets me the results I’m looking for.

Participant

by dreadful do you mean “DVD” quality?

if so..

try an Apple tv, or get a blueray burner and player.

Inactive

Thanks Don. That’s exactly what I mean. So you’re suggesting that my video is downgraded when it’s burned and quite possibly further degraded when played back on a regular DVD player. I thought about Apple TV, but I want tp be able to store my video and therefore the Bluray route is the better option – assuming that that is the problem in the first place. More expense!! Cheers

Inactive

again, those all-in-one aps rarely offer any quality…

you’ll get the best quality by using aps that specialize in it’s particular task..be it resizing, converting to mpeg, burning, etc…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap