Burning Movie Clips on Computer to DVD

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Burning Movie Clips on Computer to DVD

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey guys. I have been wanting to burn movie clips in various formats, like .avi, .xvid, .divx, to a DVD so I can watch them on my tv. I just want a simple title screen with a background and title. Right now I have DVD Architect 3. I made the background and title. But it won’t let me add my video.
      What is the easiest and quickest way to go about burning videos to dvd? Thanks

Participant

I have Encore 2 as well and decided I will try and learn that one. Alright well I made my .avi into the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS with DVDSanta. When I open Encore, Do I import it as an asset? And which one do I import? The VIDEO_TS has like seven different files in there. Thanks for your reply please keep helping me! =)

Inactive

😯 Woooah Stop the trolley car!

I’m confused…. If you used DVD Santa to transcode an AVI file to VIDEO_TS files, you really dont need to use Encore because that does the same thing. All you really need to do now is just burn the VIDEO_TS file to a DVD and you should be able to play this with a DVD player providing you had the parameters set correctly.

This is how a typical workflow should go:

1) Using a NLE editor, you will want to import all of your files that you want to end up on this DVD. Most of them will let you import various different formats but there might be a few that might not like a certain format. Usually the NLE will then conform (translate) these files so that the NLE has them all speaking the same language.

2) Do your editing.

3) Render and export this as a new complete AVI file. I think all DVD authoring packages like AVI files.

4) Now fire up a DVD authoring program (Encore, DVD Santa) and import that new AVI file in. It is here where you create to transcode this AVI file(s) to DVD mpeg files. The software knows how to format this AVI file(s) so that DVD players can read and play them correctly. Those VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders are the formats that DVD players use. Inside these folders are special files that DVD players read which is where your audio and video come from.

It seems that you are confused as to how this all works. I would suggest doing some reading because it can be very complicated to figure out on your own. Sure I could spend the rest of the week here trying to describe what to do in detail but thats not really what this forum is for.

RAM

Participant

Thank you that helped. That’s exactly what I was looking for X-D

Inactive

compusolver:

Aww, come’on RAM – you didn’t have anything IMPORTANT to do this week, didja? X-D

HaHaHa… X-D

You know I sit in front of a computer 9 hours a day or so for my job. I’m a process engineer that is supposed to be figuering out how we are to make stuff. Yeah… sometimes it gets a little slow… sometimes I don’t feel like doing anything either. 😯

Don’t tell my boss. πŸ˜‰

Besides… this is where the action is. You can learn a whole bunch of stuff here.

RAM

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year β€” 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap