Burning HDV footage to Blu-Ray from Studio 12

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Burning HDV footage to Blu-Ray from Studio 12

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I use Pinnacle Studio 12 to edit HDV footage. I’m in the market for a Blu-Ray burner so that I can put a 2.5 hour video on a disc. I’m just now starting to research Blu-Ray burners; and they kind of sound like a pain to use. Has anyone used Studio 12 to edit HDV footage and burned to Blu-Ray? Can Studio 12 compress and prepare footage to be burned to Blu-Ray? What format does it need to be in in order to burn to Blu-Ray? Thanks.

Participant

Blu-ray use MPEG-2 video compression format, the same method used on standard DVDs, so you need render to this format and Pinnacle Studio can output MPEG-2 format, but I know nothing about burning blu-ray with Pinnacle. I can give you some free professional burning programs for burning blu-ray disc: BurnAware, ImgBurn and FinalBurn. These three do quite good job in burning blu-ray. You can choose one and have a try.

Participant

Great. Thanks a lot. I’ll check those out.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap