Burning DVD+R Dual Layer DVDs – Please help!

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Burning DVD+R Dual Layer DVDs – Please help!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey, I’ve recently purchased a Pioneer DVR-111 drive and have been using DVDSanta to encode and burn 4.7GB DVD-R discs. Everything has been fine until I bought some TraxData 2.4x DVD+R DL discs. I have encoded an mpeg file and have been trying to burn the DVD but it seems DVDSanta is not reading the discs as blank. Assuming this was simply a feature not included with DVDSanta, I downloaded Ultra DVD Creator and tried it with that. I heard that Ultra DVD should be able to burn DVD+R DL but I am having the same problem. As you can tell, I’m a right n00b to all this, and obviously don’t know what I’m doing. Could somebody please point me in the right direction?

Participant

Try NERO!

This program is very versatile and it doesn’t take a PHD to figure out. They are very aggressive in staying up to date with everything too.

On a side note, DVD DL’s are very tricky to manufacture. At first there were only a few companies (Verbatim and Fuji) that could make these correctly because it involves some special technology. I guess I never heard of this TraxData. Are you sure that the disks are OK? The only way to really tell is to see if someone else can burn on them. Just because they are recognized doesn’t necessarily mean that you can burn to them.

The other issue is to make sure that the software you are using can burn DL disks. If they say they can do it then check their websites for there might be some updates needed or something.

RAM

Participant

Thanks for the reply. They seems to be no problem with the DVDs at all, windows recognises them and the window pops up and so on. The drive I have can defiantly burn DLs. They only aspect I’m not certain of is the software, could anybody please recommend?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap