Burned DVD has hesitation spots on playback on TV…OK when

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Burned DVD has hesitation spots on playback on TV…OK when

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 17 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I edited footage (using Premiere) from my son’s football games and burned a DVD (DVD Architect). It plays on my computer just fine, but when played on my TV (using Pioneer DVD player), the video hesitates or stops for a second every now and then. Also, when I used frames from the video as images for a slideshow, the images flicker, sometimes severly, when played back on the TV DVD player. Again, it plays ok on the computer. Can anyone tell me why? Thanks.

Wayne

Inactive

David,

In this case I outputted the MPEG2 file from Premiere and then imported it into DVD Arch for compilation of the DVD.

Wayne

Inactive

David,

Premiere has Main Concept for the MPEG2 encoder and my timeline export settings for the MPEG2 file were 6000 max and 4200 nominal. In DVD Arch, my default bitrate settings were 8ooo mbps for creating the DVD. Wonder if that could be my problem?

Wayne

Inactive

I made the change from 8000 bitrate to 4200 when buring the DVD to match the MPEG source file from Premiere and the freezing/hesitation still happened in the same locations on the tape. It seems that the freezing points happen at times on the tape when there is fast action on the football field……when someone is running, lots of motion, lots of players moving…then the movie freezes for a second then starts playing again….but I lose what happens while it freezes….it does not pick up where the video left off. Anyone have more ideas?

I fixed the problems with the video frame images flickering. Thanks!

Wayne

Inactive

I tried the DVD on a Bose DVD player and it did not hesitate. Hmmmmmm. Is there anything I can do to the settings on the DVD player to eliminate the freezing? Or am I just out of luck. I burned it on a TDK DVD -R disk. My DVD player does not have a problem playing regular movie DVDs. And again, it seems to only freeze at the spots with fast motion…..lots of activity going on.

Wayne

Inactive

I edited a biking video and exported it to DVD and have had many of the same problems. Because the video is mostly fast motion all the time I cant realyl say its happening at the fast motion parts exclusively but it is happening quite often in certain sections. It happens especially when titles or scenes are popping up from a black scene instantly. I dont know what to do.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap