Burn Vob files to Dvd with interactive menus intact(?)

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Burn Vob files to Dvd with interactive menus intact(?)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have been searching hi and low for a way to do this but, so far no one has been able to tell me if or how it can be done. I would like to be able to burn a movie to dvd from downloaded vob, ifo files and be able to use/access the interactive menu features just as if it were the original dvd.

These files are not encrypted and I have been able to burn them to dvd with Nero 7.10 and they do work but I have used my own menu and chapter creation to play them. Having said that, my menu and chapter creations can make them hard to navigate! 😕
      I have opened these files with Windows Media Player and noticed that i was able to use the interactive menu features, but when I try to burn and use them on a dvd it never works.

I’ve used the "merge’ function with Nero also, but to no avail. I’ve also noticed that when adding files to the project with Nero it does not allow me to add the ifo files, even though when I burn the project the interactive menu screens are there they are nothing more than an image at best when the movie is played in a dvd player.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? It would be most appreciated and thank you in advance for any help!

Inactive

My best guess at this is that they are downloaded files. The DVD spec is very specific and if something isn’t right, it won’t work. If you have the .vob files and the .ifo files, do you have the .bup files? These are just backup files of the .ifo files but still!! Who’s to say the .ifo files even belong to the .vob files? People online love to mess with people and this is one way to do so. I’m not a cop so personally don’t give a sh$t but it sounds like your trying to download bootleg movies and can’t figure out how to burn them. Judging by the fact that you use Nero and Windows movie maker, your not very skilled in video production and don’t possess professional tools. I wish I could give you a quick solution to this but I can’t. Downloading movie files and burning to DVD (legal or not) is not easy unless you have the proper skills and tools. The movie industry created copyguards for this purpose. Some people can crack them, but most won’t be able to figure them out how and give up. Sorry, but Nero and movie maker won’t cut it.

If they are NOT illegal bootlegs, a few things to check are:

1: The output file format is MPEG2.
    2: All your files are in a "VIDEO_TS" folder. This folder should be the first thing you see when you explore the burned disc. (An "AUDIO_TS" folder may exist as well).
    3: Your disc is finalized.

Sorry to cut this short, cops are here. I hope this helps a bit.

Participant

Thanks for the reply kkmac. Rest easy now.. no cops at the door.. These are bit torrent files downloaded from one of those sites that charge you a small one time entry fee and the content is supposed to be a-ok for download with a clear legal and moral conscience.

And you obviously saw through my limited knowledge of this video discipline, which I hope did not appear like I was acting like I know everything about this, which I don’t. I do have some knowledge, but not near enough. That’s why I’m here askin’ the big dogs how to bark.

I do have the Video_TS and Audio_TS, vob, ifo and bups and I have burned them to dvd with no problems but I was just wanting to make it easier to navigate using the interactive menus already in the files, as I don’t have the full handle of the whole Menu chapters authoring down cold yet.

Any equipment or tips that could help me accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. As I will be taking what I learn here and eventually apply to home movies and picture videologs etc.. once I can learn the in’s and out’s with material that is less important than home movies.

If ya got anything for me that would be awesome. If I am too elementary in my needs I understand also.
    Thanks again

Participant

You need to purchase some authoring software so you can edit or make a new menu system.

• Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

A Lighting Buyer’s Guide

The best lights for video production — 2020

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
    homicide-bootstrap