Building My Digital Editing Suite

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi gang – I’m building my editing suite fromthe ground up – actually including it in plans for my new home. Since I’m new to commercial/professional quality editing systems (but have tons of esxperience on the Sony/Uleqd/Pinnacle-type stuff), so I need some advice from some folks more experienced than I.

Which way should I go – Avid or Apple Final Cut? Or both? Which will glean the greatest interest from prospective customrs? WHat about acquisition and maintenance costs?

Lastly, I’m thinking of constructing a Faraday cage completely around the editing suite – to keep out all unwanted EMI and make the room as electrically “quite as possible – gonna condition the hell out of the power too. Any other tips? I’d really appreciate your help and advice – thanks a bunch!

Furrie

Anonymous
      Inactive

what does it matter what you cut on when all the customer really wants is a finished product? Every customer I deal with doesn’t ask me what i use to make their videos. Use what gets the job done, not what you think you need to have to get the job.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Johnboy is right. It doesn’t really matter what pro software you use as long as the customer is happy with the final product. A couple of suggestions though: Final Cut Pro may a little easier to learn than Avid, but is not top of the line. I have worked with some of the top Avid software, and it is definitely powerful. Plus, if you’re a teacher, student, or in any way qualify for an academic discount, you can save thousands on Avid software at stores such as http://www.academicsuperstore.com. I would definitely recommend Avid, because you will get the mostfor your money. You could also consider Sony Vegas Pro. That’s what I run in my studio. Along with Sony Sound forge pro, you can really go places.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Production Gear’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN