BUG’s and onscreen text?

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

How do you make a "bug" like the CBS or NBC logo in the corner of the screen? Also how do you put text on screen like they do on 20/20 ( editor, producer ex…) Is it possable to do it in S10+?

Inactive

A bug is just a small composition that is shrunk down and placed into a corner. Simple ones can be made in almost all NLE’s. The real cool exotic 3D ones are probably created in something like After Effects because it has a lot more options and power than regular NLE’s do. If you know After Effects these bugs aren’t that hard to make at all.

RAM

Participant

I work for a local station as a motion graphic artist and I create these bugs fairly often and yes After Effects is the most common tool used. Maya is also used. AE is a good tool for any text animation like what you see on 20/20. It is considered the industry standard for motion graphics. There are other tools (e.g. combustion) but AE is the most commonly used.

Inactive

Depending on your editing program, you could even make a simple animated gif or swf and import it. What kind of BUG are you thinking of? Simple, animated, 3-d?

Off topic- I’m amazed at how much you all talk about AE in these professional situations. I use AE all the time for my no-budget films. Just funny knowing the extent of its use. Damn, it must be pirated like hell.

Inactive

I want just a "still" Bug, no animation. Currently I have Pinnacle Studio 10+ but I just oredered Sony Vegas 6+ DVD. I’m sure Studio can’t do this but can Vegas. thanks again for the replys.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap