Broadcasting live weddings on the internet

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

A few of the videographers in town offer live broadcasting of weddings.

I’ve looked on the site that some of them use.
      http://www.justin.tv

I’ve seen some of the recorded broadcasts of the live events and some of them have the cameras switch angles which leads me to beleive that they use a camera switcher.

If anyone offers this service, how do you do it.

Do you use wireless (cell phone) internet or the available LAN at the venue?

If you use wireless, how do you compensate for the slower speed to make sure the video isn’t choppy?

Thanks

Participant

We use a Tricaster with 3 cameras and hardwire mics. There is a bit of a delay but we are happy with our provider audiovideoweb.com

Art

Participant

We use a Tricaster with 3 cameras and hardwire mics.

So do you just hook all of this equipement together and plug it into the USB jack of the computer? Or is it much more high tech than that?

Do you have a wireless connection from the cameras to the Tricaster?

Participant

Bit more high tech. The Tricaster has 3 RCA/SVHS inputs. I run a separate audio input through a mixer to one of the audio inputs. We have tried wireless from the cameras but with the live events, other vendors have equipment that interferres sometimes. It’s best to run hard wire for our purposes. We use a live stream service to broadcast over the net. Hope that helps.

Art

Participant

What kind of length are we look at for the cables here.

Some of the churches I tape in are gigantic cathedral looking things.

Even some of the smaller ones are quite large and would probably require hundreds of feet of cabling for just one of the cameras.

Participant

200 ft of SVid cable works fine without loss of quality. I have never tried anything longer than that. We have not done churches that large. Our wireless is not the best quality, was cheap and is only good for short range. Can you work with the venue to have your camera people closer to the Bride and Groom?

Inactive

I’ve been using the DATA800 at my church which has many input options including firewire. It has 4 inputs for camera and a seperate port for CGI. The company claims that 64feet of 6pin between each repeater; up to 4 repeaters will work. I use only two repeaters from the camera to the switcher and it works great. The switcher has a built in delay adjuster for the live feed of audio. The DV has a delay of more then a second (it feels like)which is fine for post or live feed to another room or the internet. But don’t try using it for a reinforcement feed to the big screen.There is one major hickup. Firewire ports on the cameras don’t have any kind of snapping in and maintaining a secure connection. And they seem to be very sensitive to electrical energy by what ever. For some reason that can’t be explained whenever the pastor asks the congregation to stand we lose connection for about 2-3 seconds on one of my cameras. We (the directors) have learned to antecipate its failure and get to another camera until that camera comes back from it’s black out.

You can see some of thevideos at http://www.hcctv.org

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap