Bright Lights, Big Cities…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

In other words, there are no weddings (or any other indoor events) to shoot in the foreseeable future. As a matter of fact, I don’t do much indoor shooting at all. I’ve been using a Canon ZR80 for years (all I could afford until now) and would like to pass it on to my 12-year-old and move up to something rather better for myself. Rather fond of the DVX-100B we use at the access channel, but that’s a little out of my price range at the moment.

What I’m looking for is a camera for round-about $1000 (preferably less) that will perform really well in bright light (eg. the Alps, or a city building on a sunny day) and reasonably well indoors. Audio not an issue as I don’t really use it that much. Ease of use is a plus as I like to hand over to the technophobe hubby every once in a while and let him shoot so I can take some decent stills without him wandering off. πŸ˜€

Anyone have any idea what I should be looking at? There’s so much out there, and a lot more that seems to have been discontinued.

Inactive

Hmmm….. the Alps. That brings visions of wide-screen high-resolution vistas. Might look at the Canon HV20. That looks like an excellent hi-def consumer camcorder. But if you’re sticking with standard resolution, Panasonic has been making several 3 CCD camcorders for the past couple of years. Whoa!!!! I just took a look at the Panasonic website…. looks like their top standard definition camcorders have been discontinued. 😯 Sure, there are some mid-priced 3 CCD camcorders still availble. And Sony makes the DCR-HC96…seems like a good standard def unit. But maybe it’s time to start thinking hi-def, in order to get a high end consumer camcorder.

The times they are a changin’, πŸ˜•
      Ken Hull

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2020

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap