Bright Lights, Big Cities…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

In other words, there are no weddings (or any other indoor events) to shoot in the foreseeable future. As a matter of fact, I don’t do much indoor shooting at all. I’ve been using a Canon ZR80 for years (all I could afford until now) and would like to pass it on to my 12-year-old and move up to something rather better for myself. Rather fond of the DVX-100B we use at the access channel, but that’s a little out of my price range at the moment.

What I’m looking for is a camera for round-about $1000 (preferably less) that will perform really well in bright light (eg. the Alps, or a city building on a sunny day) and reasonably well indoors. Audio not an issue as I don’t really use it that much. Ease of use is a plus as I like to hand over to the technophobe hubby every once in a while and let him shoot so I can take some decent stills without him wandering off. πŸ˜€

Anyone have any idea what I should be looking at? There’s so much out there, and a lot more that seems to have been discontinued.

Inactive

Hmmm….. the Alps. That brings visions of wide-screen high-resolution vistas. Might look at the Canon HV20. That looks like an excellent hi-def consumer camcorder. But if you’re sticking with standard resolution, Panasonic has been making several 3 CCD camcorders for the past couple of years. Whoa!!!! I just took a look at the Panasonic website…. looks like their top standard definition camcorders have been discontinued. 😯 Sure, there are some mid-priced 3 CCD camcorders still availble. And Sony makes the DCR-HC96…seems like a good standard def unit. But maybe it’s time to start thinking hi-def, in order to get a high end consumer camcorder.

The times they are a changin’, πŸ˜•
      Ken Hull

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap