Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › Bought Canon XL1— no lens hood
- August 3, 2007 at 8:42 PM #39735
I bought a used Canon XL-1 on ebay, but in the picture of the camera the lens doesn’t have a hood. What should I do? I am aware of the importance of the lens hood, preventing lens glare, etc… but is there any solution to this? Is there anywhere (or anyone) that can sell me a replacement lens hood for a reasonable price?
- August 3, 2007 at 10:39 PM #171455ralckParticipant
People sell lens hoods for most cameras on Ebay. Have you checked there to see if anyone is selling one that fits your camera? If not, I bet places like B&H or Markertek would sell them (it’s a common thing that gets lost or broken, so a lot of places sell them).
- August 3, 2007 at 10:42 PM #171456
I’m not exactly sure of what size would fit… is it 72mm?
- August 3, 2007 at 11:09 PM #171457SpencerStewartParticipant
yeah, i think the xl2 has a 72mm thread.
you could also go all out and buy a matte box 🙂
- August 3, 2007 at 11:19 PM #171458
Do I have to look for a certain type, or will any 72mm lens hood work/fit on/screw on?
- August 9, 2007 at 1:15 PM #171459
- August 9, 2007 at 1:25 PM #171460EndeavorParticipant
I wouldn’t assume it doesn’t have a lens hood just because it’s not in the picture. There are alot of pictures out there of the XL1 with no lens hood. It will probably have one with it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.