Bought Canon XL1— no lens hood

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey guys,

I bought a used Canon XL-1 on ebay, but in the picture of the camera the lens doesn’t have a hood. What should I do? I am aware of the importance of the lens hood, preventing lens glare, etc… but is there any solution to this? Is there anywhere (or anyone) that can sell me a replacement lens hood for a reasonable price?

Participant

People sell lens hoods for most cameras on Ebay. Have you checked there to see if anyone is selling one that fits your camera? If not, I bet places like B&H or Markertek would sell them (it’s a common thing that gets lost or broken, so a lot of places sell them).

Participant

I’m not exactly sure of what size would fit… is it 72mm?

Participant

yeah, i think the xl2 has a 72mm thread.
      you could also go all out and buy a matte box πŸ™‚

Participant

Do I have to look for a certain type, or will any 72mm lens hood work/fit on/screw on?

Participant

Canon XL-1 may be coming with the variety of lenses. Check the model of your lens and corresponding thread for your hood:
      http://dvinfo.net/canon/articles/article58.php

Participant

I wouldn’t assume it doesn’t have a lens hood just because it’s not in the picture. There are alot of pictures out there of the XL1 with no lens hood. It will probably have one with it.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap