Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Miscellaneous Techniques › Bottle rolling down hill
- July 19, 2007 at 1:00 AM #37048
Ok,so I’m making a commercial for school that includes a glass bottle rolling down a hill. I’ve come up with a couple ways of doing this but would really be open to hearing any suggestions or how any of you would go about doing this. My plan was to get a few shots of the bottle actually rolling down sections of the hill and also a POV shot. I think it’d be possible to use some After Effects for this also. This subject is a bit strange but I know there are some creative minds in here! Thanks
- July 19, 2007 at 1:04 PM #164269FitzufilmsParticipant
not sure if this is what your looking for, but maybe you could put your camera in a large tube, like they use for shipping and then you would get the POV from the bottle. Not sure how big your camera is but if its small enough you could secure it safely. Just dont get carried away.
- July 19, 2007 at 2:13 PM #164270EndeavorParticipant
I would just roll the bottle down the hill a bunch of times and get different angles on it. Then you can decide in post what looks the best.
- July 19, 2007 at 2:46 PM #164271
Thanks for the ideas. I think I’ll try putting my camera (sony vx-2100) in a tube of sorts and see how it looks. One problem I’m having trouble figuring out is the end of the sequence when the bottle is rerouted by a garden hose strung across the sidewalk. Not sure how I’m going to shoot this part effectively.
- July 22, 2007 at 2:28 PM #164272faqvideoParticipant
Think of editing too. You can stretch or compress time with editing. Keep in mind the classic work:
- July 24, 2007 at 7:52 PM #164273AnonymousInactive
Getting it to turn at the hose just takes some creative shooting… like this video:
- August 7, 2007 at 12:04 AM #164274
- August 7, 2007 at 6:56 AM #164275ralckParticipant
I really enjoyed that. You did some great work there! I’ll vote for that if it makes it into the top 5 of the contest!
- August 7, 2007 at 6:18 PM #164276FitzufilmsParticipant
That was great work! It turned out really well. You should be proud.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.