- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous.
- April 19, 2007 at 9:57 AM #39571AnonymousInactive
I’m a professional photographer who just began to learn about videography and video production. Can someone recommend good books on video, audio, editing, documentary making, etc…
- April 19, 2007 at 11:13 AM #170890AnonymousInactive
"The Five C’s of Cinematrography" by Joseph V. Mascelli has been used by film schools for many years. It went out of print for a few years, but is now back in print as paperback. It is a wonderful introduction to professional movie making. Granted, it was written for FILM production, but almost all of it applies to VIDEO production as well.
Highly recommended! 😉
P.S. — Dusting off my bookshelf again, "The Technique of Film Editing" by Karel Reisz is a classic work on the ART of editing. Now in 2nd edition.
- April 20, 2007 at 8:22 AM #170891MicrochipParticipant
"The Filmmaker’s Handbook" by Steven Ascher and Edward Pincus
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.