Blurry video

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey

I bought a GL2 a few months ago and it took awesome video whenI first used it.. I haven’t used the camera much may be 5 hours of video, but now the video seems blurry.. I have a 99 dollar video camera that is taking just as good video… Any advice as to what to look for ???

Inactive

has the camera been dropped? Is the image clear on the camera? When was the last time you ran a tape head cleaner through it?

Participant

blurry how? like, out of focus?

Participant

I have never ran a tape cleaner through it.. i didn’t realize the short time of use i would have to..No it hasn’t been dropped ( it’s my baby πŸ™‚ ).. The image seems out of focus. :-(.

Inactive

I had a similar exprience a few days before Christmas with my GL2. With mine the picture has a few ‘pixels’ or white dots flashing here and there and when a person moves in front of the cam, the picture goes mosaic (sp?) or distorted. Looked at the book and it descibed similar problems and said to clean the heads. I’ve only ran it about 3 hours. What I suspect the problem was, the cam was in a very cool location in back of the Church in an unheated room. About ten minutes before shooting I grabbed the cam and put it on the tripod and began shooting. I suspect it was some sort of condensation causing the head to become dirty. I haven’t cleaned the heads and re-shot yet to know for sure. Anyone have a similar situation happen?

Participant

What is a good head cleaner any suggestions ?? (MiniDV)

Inactive

I try to use Panasonic for tapes and cleaners. I’ve read where Sony uses a lube for tapes etc that eventually can cause damage to heads. Not sure if that’s true, but I’ve seen more than one discussion on it. Most of what I’ve read Panasonic is a good brand with high reliability. I’m pleased with Panasonic so far.

Participant

Since it looks out of focus…what are you looking at the images through, the LCD or viewfinder? If you are looking through the viewfinder, be sure the diopter is adjusted correctly. If it’s a little off, you will be referencing an inaccurate image for focus.

Participant

Grainy is a better word for the video other than blurry..The video I take with my GL 2 isgrainy on the computer when I’m editing, and when i publish the video it is grainy..The video looks great on the LCD screen… When I look at the video on a TVscreen it looks grainy..

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap