Blurring or pixelating car number plate

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Blurring or pixelating car number plate

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi, I use Premiere Pro CS3 and Avid Pro. I have never had to disguise a car number plate before but it is necessary to do so in a documentary I am editing at the moment. Obviously, the rest of the screen image should be normal. Can anyone tell me how to do this please? Any advice gratefully received.

Best wishes

BBC

BBC,

I haven’t tried it in Premiere yet, but I have done it Avid. You’ll have to make a ‘shape’ (rectangle for license plate) fill it (most likely white), lower it’s opacity to where its translucent enough to blur the numbers and then keyframe it to track the movement of the vehicle. Toughest part is getting a smooth keyframe to both obscure the plate and not look took ‘clunky’ doing it.

Inactive

Hi Composite1 – thanks for the prompt reply – much appreciated.

I’ll get on it.

Thanks again

BBC

Participant

Here is a tutorial for Premiere Elements but it is almost identical to doing the effect in Premiere Pro, any version.

http://videoinasnap.chuckengels.com/source/steve/steve_tips_02-06.htm

There are also other free tutorials at videoinasnap.com and muvipix.com

The free Youtube video editor tool has just newly released feature with which you can blur out moving faces or any other objects, say license plat etc. I just tested myself and it works pretty well. So I made a video about how to use it, here is the tutorial:

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Videomaker’s 2020 holiday gift guide

When it comes to holiday gifting for people who are deeply involved in a niche or hobby, it's challenging to decide which ideas are worthwhile. If the hobby has become an actual gig that they invest in, it can be daunting. This is true with videographers as much as anything, but we're here to help. You might want to find a gift that is exactly what they need to round out their gear, or something a little more fun. Either way, we've got you covered.
homicide-bootstrap