blur

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I just bought a canon xl1s off of ebay from a seller with great feedback. When I turn it on and look through the viewfinder it will focus and then out of nowhere not even 5 sec later blur horribly (a pulsating blur, in and out). Is this something that I set wrong on the camera or did this person drop the camera and now it is a mechanical problem???

Participant

Hi,

In automatic focus mode, focus going in and out is not an unusual condition, under certain lighting conditions and certain subjects.

Go to manual focus mode and focus manually. I assume this will fix the problem. If it does not, start raising hell with the seller, because this would be a fundamental flaw.

Also, see my last post to you under General Questions, subject Shutter Speed, where I recommend that you manual focus for the interview.

You need very good luck today, so BEST OF LUCK!

REGARDS … TOM 8)

Inactive

It happens in manual mode as well. So It was def dropped or something. However I am getting my money back I spoke with the seller and might I say it was hell!!!! Thank god its all over. Thank you guys for responding back to me I appreciate it!!!

Participant

This is a normal problem with the XL-1 series of cameras with the stock lens. Search the web for XL-1 Focus problem and you will find many sites offering workarounds for it.

Inactive

Lisa,

i too have an XL1s, and have recently been (trying) to film a DVD in a Gym.

Now with the cam set to Auto, and pointed at a low contrast point in low light, the lens pulsates, but is fine when some good contrast is added to the scene.

I think it also does this in Manual. But it does work fine.

HOpe this helps, it would be asham eif you had to take it back as it is a great cam, i love it and cant wait till i know how to use it properly (probably never knowing me, no imagination)

Jay

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Nikon lenses — 2021

Nikon cameras are a favorite for DSLR shooters. Nikon has their own line of lenses, but there are also some third-party options available for both F mounts and Z mounts. Here are the best Nikon lenses currently available on the...
homicide-bootstrap