Blu-ray…DVD studio pro…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

I have the latest version of FCP and wanted to know how I can burn a high quality DVD. I don’t know if it is possible but can I use a regular DVD and burn HD onto it? The video I want to output is only 30min. Note: I read somewhere that you can tweak FCP and apple DVD studio pro to make such a disk that I am noting here.

FYI:The inputed footage to my timeline was HDV 1080i (Sony HVR-V1U). I have a new iMac computer and want to use the DVD burner that is built into my apple computer instead of taking the blu-ray route.

Inactive

Macs aren’t that blu-ray friendly. However, Final Cut Pro 7 will allow you to burn HD video onto a standard DVD. If you have FCP 6 instead, you can export your HD footage and then dump it into Toast Titanium Pro, which also allows you to burn HD content onto a standard DVD. Yes, your standard DVD burner will do just fine, but remember you won’t get much video onto it. I’d say your 30 minute video might be cutting it close. There’s the little help I can offer. Good Luck!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

A Lighting Buyer’s Guide

The best lights for video production — 2020

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap