Blanket Release Form??

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hello everyone…I love videomaker magazine its the best

I have a question that I don’t think I ever seen covered though…

I will be videotaping a series of High School Sporting Events. The finished productions will be sold on DVD and some will be sent to a live webcast host. My question is being that it will be almost impossible for me to have each player on the teams and/or the people in the stands to sign a release form…Could I post a sign at the entrance to the "indoor" arena stating that video taping is being conducted??

If so…is there certain wording that MUST be stated on the sign?? Like a certain format?? I am prepared to prop it up on a stand so that it will be something everyone will see so there is no one to say "I had no idea this was going on".

I have asked a family attorney but he really had nothing to say other than he’ll look into it. I do also know that it’s required in the state of NY that if you have security cameras you have to post a sign stating that they are in operation in your building. A simple sign like "Building is equipped with Video Cameras" is all the law states. I also have heard of TV shows (like reality shows) that tape footage of a public event will sometimes post a sign…however I again don’t know what it would have to say to be clear and understood by those reading it.

In the world we live in where someone can spill a hot cup of coffee on themselves and sue for saying it was too hot and WIN!!!! You can understand how I want to cover my tail!!

Thanks in advance to all…and please help if you can

Capt Paul
      leproductions@optonline.net

Participant

Great thanks Mr Fulton. If it matters I am in NY on Long Island not far where you had your events this past Oct. in NYC.

I’d be into seeing what you post at your events and/or reg material. I think between the two my lawyer and I can come up with something that will meet the standards needed by the state.

Thanks again!!

Capt Paul

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap