Black Bands??

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

When I view my files in the source monitor they are full screen. Once I drop them into the timeline and view them in the program monitor, they have large black bands at the top and bottom. I’m filming with a Canon Vixia HF200 on the LP setting (1440×1080). This is an AVCHD camera so I convert the files to avi. When I do this I’m resetting the aspect ratio to 720×480 because that’s what Premier uses. I’ve tried different aspect ratios and changing the project settings from widescreen to standard and I still have the black bands. Anyone have an answer? Thanks!

Participant

Being a Premiere Pro CS3 user I understand why you need to go from AVCHD to something else. Put premiere pro can accept 1440×1080 avi’s so why not convert to that. Put that HD file in your SD project and scale down. Always works for me.

Participant

Hi Bruce, thanks for the reply. I tried converting at 1440×1080 at a 4:3 ratio. When I imported to Premier 3 it was skewed. Weird. I changed the ratio to 16.9 and the black bands are still there, but the image is much larger. At least this allows me to reduce the size of the image rather than enlarge it and loose quality. So I guess that is my answer for now. Any other ideas??

Participant

My only thought is that your Canon may be producing 1440×1080 as 1.33 anamorphic so you could try exporting as 1920×1080 or 960×540 and get the full16:9 effect without bars. Then it all depends what size of project (CS3 & 4) or sequence (CS5) you created.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap