Birth Video

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Rex
      Participant

Has anyone here every been contracted to video a birth? I am thinking of venturing in to this area; but I know that hospitals in general do not want video cameras around because of the possible liability issues. Is there a way around this? Or should I stick to home births? Thanks.

Grinner Hester
      Participant

They way around it is by getting them (the hospitals) excited about the free publicity. I can tell you I was laying on an operating table just a couple of days ago. While they were cathing my heart, I pitched a mini documentary to them highlighting their personel, workflow, and record breaking speed in saving heart attack victims. They loved it and the next step is booking it.

What I’m saying is every business deal is in the deal making. Your negotiating talents are what will reward you the best negotiations. Insurance liability is a common way of politly saying no. It’s really no different than the times you work your way into the garage when your car is in the shop though. Yes, there is a yellow line and a sign but there is also a human you can make like you enough to ignore the tape.

Moral: I was 12 when my Dad told me, “son, when I was young, I all the prettiest girls… whoever I had my eye on… The head cheerleader, the home coming queen, Ms Texas… Do you know why?

Because I asked.”

Ask, man. No is not the answer you are looking for so ignore it. Your ability to lead folks into your point of view is a great asset. Confidence is key. Reherse your come backs to negative reactions in the mirror if you must but if we all just said okey dokey to every no, well, none of us would be making videos for a living.

marcofree
      Participant

If you're doing well with the home birth market, you might consider expanding your reach in that market as there are fewer liability issues.  

welcome

mpvvideo

Yes when women in maternity hospital, they don’t want to be photographed, and to shoot video.
      But I had couples which agreed to such shootings.
      And here my videos:

Baby born at 28 weeks / weight 1kg

Natural Childbirth

Cesarean section Baby birth / C-section Childbirth

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Wedding and Event Video’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses — 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN