Best way to route from Church projection system

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      XTR-91
      Participant

I am currently looking to set up a live editing booth in my Church as I’m right now taping video on my Sony HDR-HC1 camcorder, which I’d like to integrate with the a video stream from the sermon’s presentation. I’ve tried asking for the powerpoint presentations and integrating the slides during editing, but that has taken a hurendous amount of time, considering that it’s being done every week.

What is the best way to route video output from a projector over 120 feet? is my question.Would getting an S-Video adapter to BNC cable and back to S-Video again be the best route (long BNC cable), as this kind of cable handles long distances? Would a super long S-Video cable work okay without resulting in information loss or interference?

or, would wireless just be the best way to go?

Grinner Hester
      Participant

A long s video cable would be much better than adapting it to a true composite signal. You may encouter a slight sync issue witht hat length but it will be the same amount of frames every time so that shouldn’t be a problem.

XTR-91
      Participant

I was talking about a BNC (Cable TV) cable which is built to handle long distances. I was just wondering if it would be better to adapt the S-Video output to a BNC cable (to carry over the long distance) and then adapt it back to S-Video again.

I was also wondering if somehow adapting the S-Videooutput and along with the computer audio into a BNC cble and then back to S-Video and two audio channels is possible, and isn’t too much of a hassle.

hmueller
      Participant

Normally the PC is easier to access than the projector. Perhaps it would easier to have an adaptor box next to the computer with one output going to the projector and one to your camcorder?

Grinner Hester
      Participant

I stand by my first post. Adapting it to true composite is not required and certainly not desired.

You can run yur audio parallel wtht he video cable with no worries.

D0n
      Participant

is there screen capture software able to capture everything the computer is sending to the projector?

that would leave you with two video files to work with in post….

210pe
      Participant

I’ve ran S-video 100feet without any degradation of signal. We also have some we convert to BNC and connect the BNC directly to the projector but that depends on your projector I suppose.

six2735
      Participant

Bear with me this is the first time on this site. For a long run I have used a 100 ft. s-video cable with no problem. I don”t believe another 20 feet will make much of a difference. Plug it into the s-video port of your projector (if it has one) if not get a convertor that will give you the interface you need. There are also baluns that allow video and audio to run over cat 5 cables. Check out a company by the name of Markertek. (markertek.com) or Kingdom (kingdom.com)

Cville
      Participant

We use Cat5 cable with a converter unit at each end. I can’t remember whose unit it is but I think you can run it around 300 feet. It works very well.

Grinner Hester
      Participant

Anything would be better than adapting to bnc… or perhaps coax, which is kind of what it sounds like from his post.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Miscellaneous Techniques’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.