Best way to put a video sample on a webstie

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

booewen Wrote:

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had some tips of the best way to put a sample video on a website. The sample is around 5mins long. I would like it to load as quickly as possible, and also not actually slow the loading of the page. I would also prefer if it would play immediately on the page, without having to download the whole file or buffer etc.

Is Flash the best way to go? If so how would I do it?

Any other suggestions? Feel free to link to examples of your own work and how you do it, that would be very useful.

Many thanks, Ewen

I use flash on my site. The newest flash 8 encoder is way better than previous ones. You just need to embed the player in the page you want it to play in. Flash will allow you to configure options like whether it will automatically play or if it buffers first or colors and controls and such. If you have Flash 8, go through the tutorial in the help menu.

Participant

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had some tips of the best way to put a sample video on a website. The sample is around 5mins long. I would like it to load as quickly as possible, and also not actually slow the loading of the page. I would also prefer if it would play immediately on the page, without having to download the whole file or buffer etc.

Is Flash the best way to go? If so how would I do it?

Any other suggestions? Feel free to link to examples of your own work and how you do it, that would be very useful.

Many thanks, Ewen

Participant

This might be your easiest way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlJv3kX3LhU

This is actually a small motorcycle ditty that I threw together this summer. Used an old digital8.

Sign on and send them your piece. It’s free…. πŸ˜€

Participant

Thanks guys……

I was thinking about Flash 8 and YouTube……any ideas which is best? In terms of speed of loading, quality etc.

Also I can’t find out what format YouTube uses. Do you need flash player or quicktime or anything like that to see it? I mean in terms of the video being accessible to everyone that visits the site.

cheers again

Participant

YouTube uses Flash video (flv). If you use youtube, it will be hosted on their site but will also advertise that it’s on youtube. If you can, use Flash.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap