best way to get mivi dv onto pc?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

hi, i’m totaly new to video recording and editing and wanted to know what is the best way to get video from mivi dv tapes to the pc. I tried using the usb port but its very choppy when playing on the pc. Is this because of the software i’m using or because using usb is no good or is it the quality of the camera. Its a samsung scd230 amd the software that came with it is samsung dvc media 5.1

Inactive

how about firewire?

if you find another way let us know.

Participant

You’ll have to use the firewire port to get dv quality footage onto your pc. You will then use a capture program to capture the video, and you are ready to edit. USB isn’t for video, at least not quality video.

Later
      ~Adam

Participant

hey, thanks a lot, i heard firewire is great but just tried the usb as thats what the camera came with. Any suggestions as to whats a good caption program?

Participant

I just looked up the owners manual for your samsung scd230 and there is a dv port (firewire) on that camera. You need a 6 pin to 4 pin firewire cable to connect it to your computer, and a firewire card installed on your computer. I would suggest using the capture application in windows movie maker or any editing program that you have, they should work fine. Give it a try

Later
      ~Adam

Inactive

the usb port on your cam is for stills transfer and/or webcam function.

Inactive

Hi. I went to college, stayed in 5 hostels in 2 months (no room for old-timers in the campus…), finally settled down. Haven’t had a permanent Internet connection (until now). Ruined my old cam (fortunately I was off to buy another anyway – and I’m thinking about the little old HC-17 which is twice more expensive here than in the States and I earn a fraction of what I would if I lived in a normal country).

So you see, I really have things going for me.

Anyway it’s great to be back, I’ll try to be more active.
      I really missed you guys.

Inactive

compusolver Wrote:

I lived in Canada for a year and a half and that’s sort of how I felt then. I imagine Romania is even less like the States than Canada. Heck, its kind of like that – earnings wise – living in rural Oklahoma.

Tell me about it!

compusolver Wrote:

You should consider doing a documentary about life in Romania and sell it to us myopic Americans who rarely learn anything about life outside our own borders.

That’s a good idea. Really!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2020

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and...
homicide-bootstrap