Best video edit yet! Critiques are welcome :)

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Open Forum Best video edit yet! Critiques are welcome :)

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello All! I just wanted to share something to all you that I shot/edited at my workplace. It’s about a show that showcases local talent (film, art, dancing, singing etc.) so let me know what you guys think!

(Sucks that I need to upload everything on youtube so I kind of lost a great amount of quality. Ohwell…)

Participant

I liked it.

The shots and editing are dynamic, but I’m not a fan of the music. It’s a nice tune, but doesn’t fit the high-energy visuals.

I absolutely love the use of the color! You definitely need some high energy music to accompany this video! Love it though!

nice edit

how do you do those screen splits? i like it

Participant

I really liked it but it felt heavy on the multi cam shots.

Participant

Thanks for the comments! The reason why I chose that music is because it has that “ethereal feel” to it. They will have another one so I might use a different type of music and we’ll see how it goes! Thanks again guys!

Participant

It’s nice how you’re able to use footage from all parts of the show, even though the music is just about the same tempo.

For example, at 0:15 that’s obviously a high energy part of the performance yet it fits with the music as well as the previous shots. I struggle to capture the full spectrum of stuff when I do short video clips, so good job.

Participant

it really a successful video

Participant

This is extremely pleasant I like that a great deal much obliged for sharing this on the off chance that you intrigued by popular and astounding quality outfit look at here Retro Black Jacket

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Avatarmike1995.
      Participant

I think the shots are awesome but the music really didn’t seem to fit the scene. I would have personally tried to find a different genre of music. But well done video!

Participant

I loved the music! I wasn’t;t really sure what was going on in the video clips? They seemed to be rather random – a bit of some kind of dance, then a bit of what could have been burlesque, then some aerial work, then a band, then back to an aerial silk drop then a strange dutch tilt, then back to something else. I also found I didn’t;t have a chance to actually decide what a shot was, before it cut away, so I got lost. Clearly the music (though I liked it) didn’t suit the imagery? Not sure on the focus shifts? The out of focus proportion is wasted as the shot ends as soon as it gets sharp?

Participant

The music works well in the first 55 seconds, after that I think you need to switch to a different music with higher tempo, faster beats.

greenscreen247greenscreen247
      Participant

Great video. Do you mind telling me how many hours you put into this video editing from raw footage to the final version?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap