Best Vid Compression Settings for web / iphone playback

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Best Vid Compression Settings for web / iphone playback

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      stoxmedia
      Participant

I’ve tried to follow articles that I have read online to find the “Best Vid Compression Settings for web / iphone playback” but while the vid will play ok on most fast computers, when I try to play on my iphone it is jittery and not smooth… also on some slower computers the video flashes green screen and sometimes green blotches at the start of the video.

From memory I think the settings were: H.216 quicktime movie / 1500 kbps max rate – 1200kbps target rate / 30fps

I have a feeling i should go for 15 or 25 fps and slightly lower kbps to get optimum iphone playback…

what are your thoughts on optimum settings so it works on both? thanks

John

http://www.stoxmedia.com

Rob
      Participant

what compression software are you using?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN