Best Value/Quality Tripod for newbie!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kre8s4u
      Participant

looking to get a good tripod/head for a Canon GL2…..I’m totally new to the video world and would like something cheap, yet quality between 50-200 max. Any advice would be great. thanks

Cville
      Participant

I have this one and I think it is a great value at $189 at B&H plus free shipping.

Davis & Sanford Provista 7518 Tripod w/FM18 Head

Free Item Included:
      Davis & Sanford W3 Dolly with 3″ Ball Rubber Wheels ($44.95 Value

Anonymous
      Inactive

I agree with Cville, I have three Davis & Sanford tripods and have had good results with all. One has the FM18 head for a larger cam and the other two have the FM12 heads. No complaints.

vid-e-o-man
      Participant

kre8s4u, no doubt that the Davis and Sanford tripod that was suggested is an excellent choice. I was able to finda Manfrotto with fluid head(3130) on Ebay for less than $90. It took a few weeks of searching but bargains on great quality used tripods are available on Ebay, Craigslist, etc. Do your homework on the specific model and be patient and you can save some money this way. Keep shooting.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

How to choose the right computer for video editing: 4 key specs to check

Buying the best workstation for your needs means understanding how the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage options work together to enhance overall performance.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN