Best Tripod & Head for the DCR-VX2100

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

X-D Hi,
      I’m looking to purchase a tripod & a "true fluid head" for my soon to be
      DCR-VX2100. My budget is right around $500.00.
      What do you use? Are you happy with it?
      πŸ˜‰ Your input & suggestions would be most appreciated! Thanks, Ray

Participant

Hi,
      X-D Well I decided & ordered a Bogen / Manfrotto 755B MDeVe Aluminum Tripod Legs with a 3460 (503) Fluid Head which also comes with an awesome padded tripod bag. I also "just had to get" the Universal Professional Remote 523PRO to complete it. Of course, I went ahead and ordered the DCR-VX2100! I mean, what good would this tripod setup be without an awesome video camera!
      Like most everyone else, I went with B&H Photo, which by the way was very friendly.
      πŸ˜‰ Just had to pour out my excitement to everyone! Thanks, Ray

Participant

compusolver Wrote:

Ray, if you use the Search feature in these forums, for "tripod", you’ll see that I and many others have been recommending the 503. I got a ball leveller to go with mine, and a heavy set of legs to help with smooth tilts and pans.

Enjoy your rig!

I just got a set up similar to compusolver’s. Used for the first time last Saturday, and it was smoooooth. πŸ˜€

Participant

Hi,
      X-D Thanks for the replies! Yes, your views & equipment experiance along with many others is what helped me with my choices! The nice thing about the Bogen / Manfrotto 755B MDeVe Aluminum Tripod is that it has the ball leveler incorporated into it.
      πŸ˜‰ Thanks again, "everyone" for your input! Ray

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap