Best Solution to capture/rough cut 200 hrs miniDV tape?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Best Solution to capture/rough cut 200 hrs miniDV tape?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

The question: what software and hardware will be efficient and cost effective to accomplish the following:

1. I have 200 hrs of documentary footage that needs to be reviewed, logged, captured and rough cut in prep for Professional Editor(PE). PE will not bechosen before this first stage, therefore I seek to understandpros/cons (risks) associated with choosing onebrand/version of software/hardware vs another.

2. It is likely that the PE will useone of the leading packagesi.e., AVID, FINAL CUT, ADOBE software. Not sure if it will be PC or MAC.

3. I seek to maintain quality (no resolution loss) during the process of capturing and rough cutting the footage, thereby delivering the highest quality to the PE for final edits and outputs. Final products will be purposed for Television,DVD, andWeb distribution as feature and short formdocumentary,and as internet clips.

4. Currently I’m leaning toward MAC mini (2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1066MHz, 120GB 5400 RPM drive, 4GB SD3Ram) http://www.apple.com/macmini/specs.html, plus2 eaexternal 500 GB HDrives (?brand?) -running Final Cut Express.

5. I’m also looking for used equipment if you know anyone with the appropriate componentry!

FYI – we are a nonprofit cause. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE GUIDANCE YOU WILL OFFER.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best Nikon lenses — 2021

Nikon cameras are a favorite for DSLR shooters. Nikon has their own line of lenses, but there are also some third-party options available for both F mounts and Z mounts. Here are the best Nikon lenses currently available on the...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN