Best Shotgun Mic for the GL2

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

So I have a Gl2 and it doesn’t have XLR inputs. Does anyone have any advice on the best shot gun microphones within the range of 150 – 250 dollars, maybe even 300, but preferably not haha. And would it it be worth buying an adapter to to allow the camera to have XLR inputs? Thanks.

svtcobraltd
      Participant

Interested as well. I currently have a Audio-technica ATR55 mic but havent used it much more than to film during a windy day once.

Anonymous
      Inactive

How is that mic doing anyway? I’ve looked into it but all these inexpensive microphones seem to still retain a lot of the background noise.

svtcobraltd
      Participant

This is the only recording I did with the mic only so far. It was a windy day while recording this and I had the windsock on so that probably muffles it some. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruew4yTrIyE

XTR-91
      Participant

You can get an XLR shotgun microphone and get an XLR to RCA adapteror simply buy a shotgun mic that uses RCA.

Search online, or look for this adapter at Radio Shack.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Sound’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN