best shotgun for making movie

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

sawed off or pump action?

anyway, I’ve got a panasonic hvx (which obviously has xlr ports), what is the best quality, lowest price shotgun mic I can get for the money?

thanks,

Ryan

SpencerStewart
      Participant

alright, here’s the most helpful site i’ve seen about shotguns:

http://dvestore.com/theatre/mics_guide.html

it has some comparisons between shotgun mics, and i found it pretty helpful.

Right now I own a Rode NTG-2, which works great for its price. XLR connections w/ phantom power or AA batt.

If I had more money, however, it would of been a bit more wise to invest in the Sennheiser ME66 . I’ve gotten to use it, and its a really solid, very clear microphone, with very little noise.

Remember, unlike video cameras which get outdated pretty quickly, microphones will last for a long time, so make sure you invest in it wisely!

Alainstamour
      Participant

I own a Rode NTG-1 which is similar to SpencerStewarts’ mic, the major difference is my mic needs phantom power, it won’t accept AA batteries.

I can’t say enough good things about Rode mics in general. The phrase that sums up Rode mics the best is: Rode mics might not be the greatest mics in the world, but for the price, no other mic comes close.

Personally, I am extremely pleased with my mic. If you are on a budget, I would recommend Rode mics to anyone!

In Solidarity,

Alain

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Sound’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN