best settings to video fireworks

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a Canon XH A1s and I am going to try to shoot some fireworks tonight. What is the best way to do it?

Participant

Like any other type of documentary filming, you should use a good variety of shots. Wide, up close, up high, down low. Occasionally getting shots of the people watching can also create an affective fireworks video.

The question, of which I also do not have a specific answer, is not how to shoot one physically in POV, but how to set the camera’s attributes for exposure, lighting, gain etc. to prevent the blurring and halo effects so often associated with using automatic adjustments when shooting nighttime light sources, including fireworks.

At least that is the assumption I formed from reading the post originally.

Participant

Not to mention how your camera handles the loud report of the bombs bursting in air. Some sound systemstemporarly shut down at loud reports.

Inactive

Use manual focus. The fireworks will mess with automatic focus and go in and out constantly. My Canon HV30 has a preset for fireworks. Have used it twice in the past 2 weeks and it performed splendidly.

Inactive

SO, how did it turn out?

Inactive

Was it Good?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap