Best Option to HDV to DVD

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am new to the world of HD video and have been doing some reading and get mixed answers from each article.

I am looking to record in HD but would like to output to a Widescreen DVD. Total footage time would be approx 1.25 Hours. With my camera I can shoot 1920×1080 at 24Mbps, 17Mbps, or 12Mbps, with a 60i, PF30, or PF24 for frame rate.

What is the opinions out there as to what combinations to use and then best way to “downgrade” to DVD. I am using Adobe PP, AE, and Encore.

Participant

Two questions and Number one you have to know the answer to is what format is the HD footage. Which version of PP do you have? Once you know that information, when starting PP just have the settings set accordingly. For example, I use AVCHD format and I shoot at 1080p when I open PP there is an option to set it up for that format and that size. AE has the same options for setting up your composition. All that is left is to the Dynamic link option in encore for the files you want to create the dvd and you are good to go.

Participant

To make sure I understand the first part of your response. Could you elaborate on what you mean by what format the HD footage is in? I think I understand what you are saying but would like to be sure. As for the second part I am using CS5.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap