Best mini DV tapes

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 16 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

This must be a real dumb question. I tried to find a review of the best current tapes but it must be too basic. Is there a real difference in quality from brand to brand?

Inactive

Just wanted to let you know that there are better (and more expensive of course) tapes available from online retailers such as B&H. I generally use these for making my master video. When shooting a project that’s important (like anything needing reproduction), a few extra bucks for top quality tapes is insignificant. Is there a qualatative difference that can be measured? Not sure, but why chance it. My rationale is that I absolutely do not want tape failure and, as mentioned, a few extra bucks for a professional quality tape gives me some re-assurance and peace of mind.

Inactive

For mini DV it would be sony Excellence tapes. They are self lubricating (sp) so your heads will stay clean. Now as far as DVC PRO tapes go I thought only panasonic really supported this line hence all tapes were Pana. I think sony recently made a 24p Pro camera thou… so maybe they are coming out with there own line of tapes.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap