best low cost editing software

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a Canon t2i but need to buy a new compter a new software to run hd ( previously had sony vegas 4 ). I would really like to buy a professional program but not in my budget since I bought the cam and still need a computer and program. Whats a good program that can give some pro results ( I like cinematic look, color correction etc ) a couple buddies recommended Adobe Premiere cs5 but wasn’t sure if premiere elements had alot of pro features

any info is helpful

thanks

randy

Participant

I’ve also had pinnacle in the past

Videomaker magazine ranks the current iteration of Vegas as No. 1 in its category.

Participant

My choice, for performance on a limited budget, would be the current iteration of ‘Magix’ ‘Movie-Edit Pro’, currently, from memory, a version known as ‘MX’. Some years ago I purchased the ‘professional’ version ‘VPX’, which has everything which I am ever likely to need. However, to keep abreast of more recent developments, since I couldn’t afford to upgrade ‘VPX’ on a regular basis, I adopted ‘Movie Edit Pro’ from v17, as a matter of course. The cost of annual upgrades, as new features are added to the ‘mix’ is insignificant, compared with most other software (US$100, in round figures, for example), and ‘MEP’, when you get down to it, lacks very few of the features which are incorporated into ‘VPX’. I now use ‘MEP17’ (or ‘MX’ when that offers an advantage) as a matter of course, and I am editing, usually, at some time of most days, even if it is just compositing and rendering my ‘home-grown’ graphics; (currently, travelling-line animations against a (graphically-generated) green-screen background, so that I am able to superimpose walking routes of trips I have made, over wide-angle shots of same taken from a tripod; the nett effect being ever-extending lines indicating the routes, against a background where, movie-wise, it’s ‘business-as-usual’). All the ‘marks’ of ‘Magix’, I have mentioned here, will ‘eat’ this, and much more complex operations, with ease, and the learning-curve for ‘newbies’ is fairly moderate.

Participant

Thanks guys

Hi,

I have used Cyberlink Power Director since 5 years ago.

I enjoy the video, photo, audio,andtext editing flexibility it provides. Capturing from video devices, editing, and burning to DVDs hasimprovedfrompreviousversions.

Regards,

http://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdirector/buy_en_US.html

Participant

<span style=”font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px;”>I would have to agree withadanmartinez, current version of Cyberlink PD10http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/overview_en_AU.html?&r=1is for me the best choice for a simple reason, it works every time no matter what I throw at it, I have mixed in 1080p 720p SD and just to muddy things up flv, and it accepted all with ease all on the same timeline. I am using PD9 which is similar to PD10. I am not a “fan boy” for PD10, I also use Avid Studio, which has better plug-ins for colour corrections/effects, but for every day use PD10 works faster and with more success for me.</span>

Participant

ok thanks . I think I may download a couple trial programs to test them all out

Participant

Hi,

Don’t loose your time to download and evaluate program all low prices video program are performing equal and use the same technology like Magix MX, Cyberlink Director 10. If you want to play with green screen and better functions you must focus on something better using the latest 64bits and using CPU on video card OpenGL or the Cuda technology.

Regards,

YR

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap