Best laptop for capturing from MiniDV & editting

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ferragui
      Participant

Hi,

I have several months reviewing this web site and find it great, I hadn’t even had the need for creating a new topic, there is

always one for what I am trying to understand, thanks to all the experienced people that is willing to help rookies like me

thanks to all !.

Now, I bought a Sony Vaio VGN series and had “blue screen” issues when trying to capture video from my Canon Gl2

using Adobe Premier several times, I did a very extensive research and found that other people in the world has had this problem with this laptop.

I sold it very cheap because of this and I am now ready to by a new one and I like to hear from the experts what laptop

recommend me for this. My budget is 900 dlls and I have a Best Buy store very close to where I am.

I am starting a new tv show in my city (small show) and will edit my sketches myself, I am using the laptop for this, will

use Adobe premier and sometimes (If I learn fast) After Effects.

Please help, Mac is not an options because my wife does not like it (mmm to be honest)

Thanks

Ferragui

Rob
      Participant

hmm….looks like you’re going to have to get a divorce so you can get a Mac.

Anonymous
      Inactive

there are some deals out there on laptops right now. You need one with multiple cores, at least 2gb ram. Hard drive space is amust. Most laptops come with hard drives that spin at 5400 rpm. This can be a problem with data transfer rates, but that problem can be aleviated somewhat by changing program affinities.

John

Ferragui
      Participant

haha good idea !!! I love the mac, I might convince my wife later

I have bought a Toshiba with 4Mb RAM, 250Gb HD (+400Gb external disk) and 2Ghz, i hope it works good enough, it also has 512Mb “dedicated” to video, the guy said that’s better for what I need because the mother board wouldn’t share memory with video, so I believed him !

Anyway thanks again to both !!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN