Best green screen video applications?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Does anyone know of and canrecommend an application that will create a video using a green screen of thecomputer screen behind you while you are speaking, that can record in real-timefor extra fast turnaround?

Inactive

In the term “Green screen”, it doesn’t mean that the subject is in front of a computer screen. It’s more like a wall or a sheet. You can buy some very cheap at tape tupe.

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/tubetape/the-1/chromakey-background-backdrop-greenscreen/Detail

Futhermore, if you shoot your computer screen, black lines will appear. For the software, please tell me if you work on Mac or Windows.

Antoine

Inactive

I guess what I need to know is: Which programs allow you to project whatever is on the computer desktop behind you by using a digital camera and a green screen?

I am working with Windows, but am open to all suggestions. Thanks!

Inactive

Ok, for the green screen you can use almost any good editing program ( I use Final cut) . To get the screen in your edititing program either han fiming it, you should use an on-screen recorder. One I know is a program called HyperCam wich will film what is on your screen. I’ts not the best quality, but it’s an option. You an try to find other program like this. They are free programs that make movie files that you can insert in your timeline under your chroma key. For Mac you use Copernicus for on-screen recording.

Good luck, Antoine

<p style=”margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica;”>hypercam.gif

Inactive

See Hypercam:

http://images.snapfiles.com/screenfiles/hypercam.gif

Inactive

I am familiar with Final Cut, but use a PC. Is thereanything that you know of that allows the use of a PowerPoint or whatever is onthe PC screen to show up behind the speaker in real-time? (like theweatherman), 2. Doesn’t require a high level of technical skill so a novice canuse it? and 3. Has a fast turnaround time and can easily be done in-house?

Participant

Sounds like you would need a video switcher. The way the weather works is that the person is shot in front of a greenscreen and the green is removed either using the switcher itself or another production time keying technology like ultimatte. This becomes your first video feed. The graphics of the weather or whatever are created separately and shot on a second camera or feed in through a computer system. The Switcher can them take both streams and superimpose them to create the image you see on TV. Usually the person bign shot is looking at a video feed so that can know where to point.

Inactive

You’re right, but a switcher is very expensive. You can have the same result with final cut.

Antoine

Participant

Shooter,

Assuming he wants it done in real time like the news. I don’t think Final Cut will work.

Inactive

Yeah, your’re right.

Participant

The best program to do this is Serious Magic. Unfortuantely Adobe purchased the company and doesnt sell it anymore. If you can find a copy on Ebay or on the net grab it. It also has a built in teleprompt so you can read your lines while taping and a simple drag and drop feature to change scenes. It was an awesome program. Check this video out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g468Jtp3-Oo

Google Serious Magic Ultra Key

Craig

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap