Best Consumer HD Camcorder?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      shootamins
      Participant

I still haven’t found a good camera that fits me, Canon’s HF10 seem a little small for me, have no viewfinder, and the battery life is worse than a Motorola “BRICK”. And, I can’t decide if I should go CMOS or 3CCd also… (3CCD seem to have better color and motion. It might be just me.)

Anyway… What’s the best consumer true-HD camcorder out there under 1grand that would be easy to transfer to Vegas Pro, have cinematic-look capabilities, great battery life, good audio that doesn’t crack with noise, and not have those straight vert-lines you get from lights at night. (If possible, have 0-LUX IR for filming at extreme darkness.)

Thanks!

EarlC

True HD? Under $1K? New? I’m not familiar with EVERY possible camera model “out there” but I keep looking, checking things out, and cannot recall such a one that meets all your hopes in true HD, under $1K, that wouldn’t be as small or smaller than the HF10. Sorry.

I will either compromise and get a pair of the Canon HV30 models; or hang on and try to come up with the investment capital to purchase two of the new Panasonic AVCDV model AG-HMC150 at $4K a pop. (though I really didn’t want to go anything under the HV30’s HDV compression, or better, and the AVCHD is higher compression)

I WANT true HD capabilities, but simply cannot see the means financially to go that route in the foreseeable future. I will make my compromises and move into high def production/editing in 2009, but it probably won’t be with the equipment I WANT.

birdcat
      Participant

Good luck finding all that for under $1k.

I have the Sony SR11 (around that price) and it shoots AVCHD (MTS – 1920 X 1080 @ 60i) which I edit just fine in Sony Vegas Pro 8. It is 5 lux, has some really nice features (external mic jack, headphone, jack, multifunction assignable knob (I use it for manual focus), super slo-mo, optical image stabilization, super night shot for IR filming, lots more…

NewBirthProductions
      Participant

what’s the best Pick up Truck? same question, you are comparing apples to oranges they both are fruits

NewBirthProductions
      Participant

The JVC HD7 is the only 3CCD for under 1K. But it doesn’t like a lot of motion, shooting on a boat in 7′ seas makes it impossible to get a good shoot.

wakeislander
      Participant

If I’m going to get into shooting possible wedding here or there, can I get away with something like a $1000 camcorder that records in 1080p?

It seems like these camcorders have higher resolutions then the $2000 prosumer camcorders.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN