Best Choice for Camcorder/Remote combo to allow slow playback and freeze frame.

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Other Camcorders Best Choice for Camcorder/Remote combo to allow slow playback and freeze frame.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am a baseball coach and would like to set u a video analysis station for pitchers and hitters. Looking for a camera and preferrably a wire less remote that would allow us to record and then playback on a monitor slowlyand smoothly and freeze as needed to help teach technique of these sports activities.I currently have a Sony DCR-DVD92 NTSC which so far I have not found a remote that would allow those features.

We are willing to strart from scratch and purchase what will work best for us however we are trying to accomplish this without breaking the bank…Anyone with knowledge or experience with equipmentthat would meet our needs? Really appreciate some help!!

Inactive

If you want slow motion to analyze swings and pitch motion, you need a camera that records at a high frames per second rate commonly referred to as high speed cameras. otherwise, what you could do is hook up the camera to a laptop and record directly to the laptop and use NLE software to playback at adjusted rates. Just be sure that you are recording in good light with the fastest shutter speed you can get without degrading the quality of the shot.

Participant

Bob, you might want to first look at software for sports motion analysis: http://www.sports-motion.com/. This is just one version (there are several, and if you’re not careful, youcan end up spending a bundle).Sports Motionhas a set up that includes playback thru a laptop (on site) – much better than trying to view thruany camcorder’s tiny flip out LCD. You can find advice on their site for picking the correct camcorder. Good luck!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap