Best Canon available for less then $2,000.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi guys.

Videography has always been a dream of mine and I finally decided to make the finical commitment into the business. I have a budget of S1,500 to $2,000 for a camera. I’m actually looking at ebay for a used XL1s.

The camera will be used for weddings, commercials, independent films etc. I would like to stay on the low end of $1,500 as possible. Your advice and opinions on the matter from personal experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

<input id=”gwProxy” type=”hidden” />

<!–Session data–>

<input onclick=”jsCall();” id=”jsProxy” type=”hidden” />

XTR-91
      Participant

For a camera retailing at around $3,500, it looks like you’re definitely getting a good deal, particularly from sites displayed during a Google product search. Before making your decision with eBay, I’d seriously take a look at some other options that turned up during my online research. For someone who’s in need of a good, solid, standard definition camcorder with packed features, it’scertainly worth the shot.

http://www.google.com/products?q=Canon+XL1&hl=en-GB&cat=155&lnk=catsugg

Anonymous
      Inactive

Unless you are absolutely stuck on Canon I would look at the Panasonic HMC-40. At B&H it’s right under $2000 and uses SDHC cards instead of tape. If I have the money that’s what I would buy…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses — 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN