Best Canon available for less then $2,000.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi guys.

Videography has always been a dream of mine and I finally decided to make the finical commitment into the business. I have a budget of S1,500 to $2,000 for a camera. I’m actually looking at ebay for a used XL1s.

The camera will be used for weddings, commercials, independent films etc. I would like to stay on the low end of $1,500 as possible. Your advice and opinions on the matter from personal experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

<input id=”gwProxy” type=”hidden” />

<!–Session data–>

<input onclick=”jsCall();” id=”jsProxy” type=”hidden” />

Participant

For a camera retailing at around $3,500, it looks like you’re definitely getting a good deal, particularly from sites displayed during a Google product search. Before making your decision with eBay, I’d seriously take a look at some other options that turned up during my online research. For someone who’s in need of a good, solid, standard definition camcorder with packed features, it’scertainly worth the shot.

http://www.google.com/products?q=Canon+XL1&hl=en-GB&cat=155&lnk=catsugg

Inactive

Unless you are absolutely stuck on Canon I would look at the Panasonic HMC-40. At B&H it’s right under $2000 and uses SDHC cards instead of tape. If I have the money that’s what I would buy…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
homicide-bootstrap