Best Basic I/O card for HD

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

HI,

I’m upgrading from a very old SD studio to a HD one. I’m going to be shooting 1080i and p, editing on PC with Prem Pro and nvidia FX3800. But surely if I do not have any editing hardware attached I will not be able to get an HD feed to an external monitor / television? I don’t need many bells and whistles – just something that will provide a feed to a studio production monitor. Can anyone suggest an appropriate product?

Thanks!

Participant

AJA Xena cards are probably the best. You’ll have to see which model suites your needs without being overkill.

The Matrox MXO2 and MXO2 mini are affordable solutions as well.

Chris,

To add to Rob’s list, I would also include the Black Magic Design series of capture cards. They are primed for Premiere and may be a skosh cheaper than the Xena or the Matrox line. All the brands mentioned have their strengths and weaknesses so check them out thoroughly before you buy.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition,...
homicide-bootstrap