BEST and quick SD cards For sony pmw EX1r

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

hello.
      I bought an EX1R and i want to buy the SD cards and the adaptor for the camera.
      I know that the original cards are the SXS pro, but are very expensive.
      Could you tell me witch SD cards are the best?
      Thanks.

Participant

hmm…I’m pretty sure you can’t go wrong with Sandisk.

I don’t record to SD cards, but if I feel like one thing you may want to look into is the write speed of the SD card. Be sure they write at least 35Mbps, which is the data rate of XDCam.

Participant

I just bought a ‘class 10’ for my DSLR. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital for what that means. Apparently there are higher than class 10 but I haven’t seen one yet. Most of the SD cards advertised seem to be class 4. As usual, the more class the more money!

• Class 2, 2 MB/s
      • Class 4, 4 MB/s
      • Class 6, 6 MB/s
      • Class 10, 10 MB/s

You will need both an adapter and a firmware upgrade according to this… http://marvelsfilm.wordpress.com/2010/02/11/sony-launches-its-own-brand-sd-adapter-for-ex1-ex3/

Participant

Hello Julie
      For what i can see here in viedomaker, the best option are the sony PRO, Pro Duo or Pro-HG Duo Cards, have a good write speed and the compatibility with an EX1R camera seems ok. What do you think?

Participant

I have an sd card that I know can write 28mbps

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap