Being Cool About Video Clips

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Headline:
      Videomaker Bans Video Clips From Aspiring Filmmakers From Beginner’s Forum

I hope I never see that headline! This forum is a highly entertaining and educational free-for-all at this time. As a frequent browser, occasional contributer, for me it is perfect! Filmmaking (for some) is the easy part; whether or not you agree with that, marketing is always the hard part, getting your jewel seen by the public. If a filmmaker wants to present his stuff on this forum for advertising/input/showing off/soliciting love-me feedback/dry running before sharing with Mom and Pop or the Secretary General, I say let it be.

That being said, we are dealing with a tiny trickle here, not a flood. For those who come upon these entries and through an act of free will they inflict on themselves the inconvenience of immersion into the entry, it is an avoidable annoyance. (Most everyone loves to complain about something, often something not important…) If on the other hand, this forum, in its current setup, is having to deal with a tsunami of such posts, then I would join the BAN-EM Club. We are a long way from being at the flood stage IMO. I like the current mix.

The Best 2 Everyone

REGARDS … TOM 8) }:-) 8)

Participant

Hank,

This is as good discussion!

The slow download that dial-ups experience with these images had not entered my thinking. Definitely, should be a consideration. Personally, I just skip these images coming at me at time warp speed since I know what’s coming even faster than time warp speed! Still, I think some newcomers to this forum might say something like WOWWWWW and get off the dime with their project when they see this stuff for the first time.

As for scaring off beginners in general from this forum, IMO there is PLENTY of empirical evidence to the contrary. }:-)

I could live with fencing off the film clip links and over the top images. But I am smitten big time by the current mix.

Sir, I respect your view and of course will be hanging around however this goes. Also, I don’t want you to scratch me off the list prematurely if you ever option your life story to potential producers.

REGARDS … TOM 8)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap