Beginner HD questions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have been doing video editing for years (amateur). I have been given an opportunity to buy a Sony hdr-hc3. Here is the deal:
      I dont have a high def TV or burner. I have a hi perf PC, running Pinnacle 10.5. Here is my question:

Can i shoot in Hi Def and still make standard DVD’s with that footage? Using Pinnacle Studio 10.5 (or 11, i will upgrade soon)

thank you !

Inactive

adobewerk Wrote:

I have been doing video editing for years (amateur). I have been given an opportunity to buy a Sony hdr-hc3. Here is the deal:
    I dont have a high def TV or burner. I have a hi perf PC, running Pinnacle 10.5. Here is my question:

Can i shoot in Hi Def and still make standard DVD’s with that footage? Using Pinnacle Studio 10.5 (or 11, i will upgrade soon)

thank you !

I’ve never use Pinnacle in any real way but it seems that all NLE’s that work with HDV or HD give you the option to output to Standard which is a very common thing to do.
    I’ll say yes but if no one here will tell you for sure, I’d check the Pinnacle website or their Help tool in the program.

Participant

adobewerk Wrote:

Can i shoot in Hi Def and still make standard DVD’s with that footage?

Most (all?) HDV camcorders can downconvert to DV.

• Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The Best Bags and Cases

The best camera bags and cases — 2020

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
    homicide-bootstrap