Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Classifieds › BeachTek DXA-8 Camcorder XLR Adapter (don’t mind the other listing)
- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 8 months ago by Anonymous.
April 1, 2009 at 12:06 AM #38252AnonymousInactive
Hello all and welcome! Up for sale is a BeachTek DXA-8 Camcorder XLR Adapter! This was bought brand new by me from TriState Camera for $359.99 a little over a month ago. It has never been used, just taken out of its packaging to check its functionality…and I must say that this thing sounds great! I bought this camcorder xlr adapter thinking that I would get a lot of use out of it for freelance gigs, but honestly it has just been sitting around due to my having just moved recently and getting caught up in other things as well. I’d much rather sell this to someone who could make more use of it than I have.
The DXA-8 Dual XLR adapter offers two true microphone preamps with 48 Volt phantom power and switchable peak limiting level control on both inputs, for use with professional condenser microphones.
The DXA-8 is universally compatible with most camcorders, and is particularly useful in conjunction with the Canon GL2 and the Sony VX 2100, as it provides manual audio level control superior to that offered by those cameras. It also functions quite well as a portable, affordable microphone preamp solution, for use in professional location recording to DAT, Minidisc, Compact Flash and SmartMedia, and other portable digital recorders.
Two sources may be recorded simultaneously, and each input may be recorded on a separate audio track, making it possible to mix both channels individually during editing. The DXA-8 provides channel separation adequate for recording timecode and audio simultaneously and the shielded, transformer balanced inputs and outputs, and the XLR connectors, are of a professional quality.
* XLR Inputs are true Microphone Preamps for use with Video Cameras or Portable Audio Recorders
* Input channels allow recording of two sources on separate tracks for post audio mixing; both channels have a dedicated Mic/Line level switch and trim potentiometers for separate level control
* 48 Volt phantom power and peak limiting level control on both channels for use with professional Condenser Mics
* Transformer Isolated Inputs and Outputs for clean, RF-Free Sound
* Auxiliary Mini-Jack on right channel for wireless Mics
* Dual MIC/LINE level switches for connection of Mics or CD and Cassette players and other line level sources
* Mono/Stereo Switch for single input recording
* Standard 9 Volt battery powering
* LED battery power Indicator
Two XLR female connectors, one auxiliary mini-jack for right input
Stereo right angle mini-plug on 10″ cable
Adjustable from -10 to +15 dB
Maximum Input Voltage:
Not Applicable (Note: See Pre-Clipping Input Level spec below)
20 Hz – 20 kHz, +/-3 dB (Limiter On)
Attenuation / Gain:
No ( Note: All Inputs at Mic Level)
Pre-Clipping Input Level:
+1.5 dBu(minimum gain with Limiter on)
-27 dBu(maximum gain with Limiter on)
Maximum Output Level:
-30 dBu (limiter off)
-36 dBu (limiter on)
Dual Regulated 48 volt power supplies Current to 14mA (direct short)
One standard 9 volt alkaline battery
LED battery indicator, 10 hrs. typical without phantom power
5.25 x 3.5 x 1.25″
The the original user manual and packaging are included in this sale.
This BeachTek DXA-8 retails for $399. It is a discontinued model and is a very rare find. All offers are welcome! So throw me an offer now!
April 12, 2009 at 3:53 PM #168219AnonymousInactive
You can make an offer here, or at the link provided below:
- The forum ‘Classifieds’ is closed to new topics and replies.