BD-R won’t play

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi everyone, this is my first post so apologies if I cover an already existing topic. Here goes, I have used Pinnacle studio 8 for years with my Hi-8 camcorder. I have recentlydragged myself kicking and screaming into the modern age. I have purchased a Panasonic full HD camcorder and Pinnacle Studio HD v15 and an LG Blu-ray burner. Everything is great, capture, transfer, editing but when I burned to the BD-R my samsung player won’t play it. I have updated the Firmware in it (samsung bdp-1500), it plays on my PC. Can I burn the disc with another piece of software rather than using pinnacle. Any advice will be welcome. Thank you. Neil.

Participant

I have a Sony BD player and it will only play BD-RE’s – Try one of them and see if it works for you.

Participant

Thanks Bruce, I am going to try a TDK BD-R next and also try my first disc in another Player.  I will work my way through known brands including BD-RE as well. I am also trying to get some answers from Pinnacle.

Participant

There are a couple different formats of BD-R’s LTH and HTL. Not all of them clearly state the type (usually just the LTH do), but from my understanding the LTH are organic dye, compared to inorganic dye in the HTL discs and are cheaper to produce. My Samsung BD player plays the more common HTL discs (or non stated), but when I stick in a LTH disc, I get about a 5% chance it will load and play. They work alright in the computer, but the BD player has issues with the LTH discs.

From my experience you can also tell the difference by the color of the dye on the recorded side. The LTH disc dye is much much lighter than the HTL dye, closer to looking like a CD-R while the HTL (better working) is a dark dye. My verbatim LTH discs are gold on the back, while the other BD-Rs (HTL) I have are dark brown.

Participant
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap