BATTERY REPLACEMENT

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Could someone suggest a GOOD rep[lacement battery for a Canon XL2

We currently have a BP 930 and a BP945, but we require a couple of more. Also will the Canon CA 920 charger work on all Non-OEM batteries?

Thank You

Participant

My XL2 has 3 batteries I have a BP 927, BP 930, and BP 945. Not sure about the charger, but I’m sure if the battery works on that camera it should work on the charger.

I use Lenmar Battery Solutions replacements, buy mine at Fry’s Electronics for around $70, Model LIC924. It’s a 7.2V 4000 mAh Lithium Ion product. They hold up well and last a reasonable length of recharge cycles. I use them in both my XL1 and GL2 units, and any of the chargers that came with the cameras has worked for me.

Participant

Thanks very much. My son is taping in Africe in Feb and power could be an issue. We have figured 2 possibly 3 more batteries are required.

Can you recommend an online retailers for those batteries?

Thanks

Participant

Do you use your Canon Charger on these Lenmar batteries?

Fry’s Electronics is on the web and you can order pretty much everything they carry from there. As I said earlier: “I use them in both my XL1 and GL2 units, and any of the chargers that came with the cameras has worked for me.”

You can also look up B&H’s ‘Impact’ and ‘Pearlstone’ line of batteries which are less expensive and are basically the same kind of battery just without the ‘name brand’ and price.

Participant

Thanks Fellows

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap