BATTERY REPLACEMENT

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dave K
      Participant

Could someone suggest a GOOD rep[lacement battery for a Canon XL2

We currently have a BP 930 and a BP945, but we require a couple of more. Also will the Canon CA 920 charger work on all Non-OEM batteries?

Thank You

fjclaus
      Participant

My XL2 has 3 batteries I have a BP 927, BP 930, and BP 945. Not sure about the charger, but I’m sure if the battery works on that camera it should work on the charger.

EarlC

I use Lenmar Battery Solutions replacements, buy mine at Fry’s Electronics for around $70, Model LIC924. It’s a 7.2V 4000 mAh Lithium Ion product. They hold up well and last a reasonable length of recharge cycles. I use them in both my XL1 and GL2 units, and any of the chargers that came with the cameras has worked for me.

Dave K
      Participant

Thanks very much. My son is taping in Africe in Feb and power could be an issue. We have figured 2 possibly 3 more batteries are required.

Can you recommend an online retailers for those batteries?

Thanks

Dave K
      Participant

Do you use your Canon Charger on these Lenmar batteries?

EarlC

Fry’s Electronics is on the web and you can order pretty much everything they carry from there. As I said earlier: “I use them in both my XL1 and GL2 units, and any of the chargers that came with the cameras has worked for me.”

composite1

You can also look up B&H’s ‘Impact’ and ‘Pearlstone’ line of batteries which are less expensive and are basically the same kind of battery just without the ‘name brand’ and price.

Dave K
      Participant

Thanks Fellows

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN