Battery powered lighting

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi!

Im going to Bali to make a doco for an aid organisation in Australia. I have my own equipment but for lighting. As there wont be many power points around, i was thinking of battery powered lighting gear, but i dont know where to start looking – does anyone have any ideas of the best way to go about this?

Cheers!

chrisColorado
      Participant

I would use Mini Mag flashlights. Seriously!

I’m a former Boy Scout and I think mini Mags are great!! They are small, light, battery powered, and the top can do amazing stuff: you can screw/unscrew while pointing it at a background for strange background effects(background light), or it unscrews all the way off for a candle like effect(fill light) and obviously makes a great point light. I think you can even get special holders where you can hook it to stuff.

Good luck! sounds like fun.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hadnt thought of that, but a good idea! I’ll have to try and track one down and test it out

D0n
      Participant

this should do.

http://www.popsci.com/diy/gallery/2008-01/how-maxblaster-works

even if you don’t need 38 million candlepower, the basic 12 volt, rechargable halogen flashlight it was made from is a geat video light.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Production Gear’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN