Battery powered lighting

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi!

Im going to Bali to make a doco for an aid organisation in Australia. I have my own equipment but for lighting. As there wont be many power points around, i was thinking of battery powered lighting gear, but i dont know where to start looking – does anyone have any ideas of the best way to go about this?

Cheers!

Participant

I would use Mini Mag flashlights. Seriously!

I’m a former Boy Scout and I think mini Mags are great!! They are small, light, battery powered, and the top can do amazing stuff: you can screw/unscrew while pointing it at a background for strange background effects(background light), or it unscrews all the way off for a candle like effect(fill light) and obviously makes a great point light. I think you can even get special holders where you can hook it to stuff.

Good luck! sounds like fun.

Inactive

Hadnt thought of that, but a good idea! I’ll have to try and track one down and test it out

Participant

this should do.

http://www.popsci.com/diy/gallery/2008-01/how-maxblaster-works

even if you don’t need 38 million candlepower, the basic 12 volt, rechargable halogen flashlight it was made from is a geat video light.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Video Reference Monitor Buyer’s Guide

The best video monitors — 2020

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap