Bad quality video streams into computer

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m having some trouble getting decent quality video streams into my computer. Currently, I plug I stream from the USB port of my Sony MiniDV to the USB on my HP. I dont seem to be dropping frames, but the quality looks all washed, and somewhat pixelated. I am using SONY Vegas editing software. My suspicion is that I need a faster processor but wonder if anyone has other ideas that could help me, before I go out and pick up another computer.

Participant

I use Sony Vegas as well! I have had no problems with Vegas! Vegas is pretty compatible. But also I don’t capture thru USB. I capture thru a firewire port! Do you have a firewire port? I don’t know if this makes a difference but maybe you can try to get a firewire card? It’s cheaper than a computer!

What are the specs on your computer?
      Have you ever experienced this before?
      And have you installed something new or made any changes on your computer recently?

Participant

Hey something else I thought about is check your DV tape! You may have already done this but if you haven’t just veiw your DV tape (from the camera) and make sure the video looks good!

Inactive

I am new to this, so I don’t know what I should expect. I just know that I have seen other homemade videos on Youtube that look tons better.

This computer is an HP d530CMT.
      Pentium 4
      2.60 GHZ
      504 MB RAM.

Sony Vegas’s spec requirements are much lower for normal MiniDV, which I have. If I had an HDV, looks like my system would fall a little short (Vegas HDV requirements are 2.8 GHZ and 512 MB RAM).

Alas, I do not have a firewire card, only USB. I think that might be the difference in quality. I will look into firewire, and more memory.

Inactive

are you rendering files for youtube?? if so, check the forums on sony’s site, or creative cow or jetdv for info about rendering for youtube. Secondly, what preview setting are you using and are you looking at a final render or just what you see in the preview?

i have to assume that you are capturing these files as .avi files. if you are capturing in any compressed formats like mgep, or .wmv or .mov, you are already asking for trouble.

John

Inactive

Check you cables and make sure they are not of cheap quality and are not running around anything that may put noise into them, Such as a motor or fan of some kind. Also I have used a in Line video enhancer, this may help with the color being washed out. Good luck and let me know how you make out.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap